Entry Level Bids and Contracts Specialist
Bids and Contracts Specialist
A fantastic opportunity for a highly organised and detailed orientated entry level individual to join our Bids and Contracts team of our Surgical division at Bausch + Lomb, a market leader in eye care. Reporting to the Surgical Operations Manager for UK&I you will be responsible for helping to compile bids and contracts for key NHS and private hospitals. This fast paced team will provide an energising working environment and will be subject to frequent changing priorities. This role will be a great first step into a career in bid management and would be ideally suited to a recent graduate.
- You will administer the contract database tools and assist in providing reporting and metrics around this.
- You will maintain the tender library and response templates, including regular refreshes and ongoing maintenance.
- You will support the Surgical Operations Manager with the generation of quotations for customers.
- You will provide support on projects and process implementations.
- You will undertake customer visits, to better understand customer requirements with a view to matching bid content to customer needs.
- You will be involved with Surgical Sales Team, including Sales Managers, to understand the complex sales environment to ensure that the Surgical Operations team are able to offer best-in-class bids.
- You will gain and demonstrate a sound understanding of the fast-changing NHS procurement environment.
- You will review business cases with the Surgical Operations Manager and Commercial Analysis Manager, challenging submissions and preparing for onward review by the Management Team.
- You will be involved in understanding the changing requirements and priorities of our customers with an ever-evolving MedTech industry (for example GS1 barcoding, Labour Standards, PEPPOL).
- You can demonstrate strong organizational skills
- You can demonstrate strong attention to detail
- You are highly organised and efficient
- You have a proactive approach to work and are a natural problem solver
- You have outstanding MS Office skills.
- You are open to feedback and willing to make suggestions for improvement.
- You are confident in nature and able to communicate across different levels and be comfortable to challenge opinions if required and as appropriate.
- You are able to adapt to changes in priorities quickly
- You are comfortable with working to deadlines
- You are comfortable undertaking large volumes of administrative tasks
In this role for Bausch + Lomb you will benefit from a good package that will include:
- Medical insurance
- Pension Matched by us up to 10% (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 more
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided
- Free product scheme for you and a family member (includes contact lenses and eye supplements)
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental and Travel Insurance (voluntary benefit)
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on “people, attitude and results”, we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a “get up and go” attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a “small company” mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the Bausch + Lomb site to complete your application.