An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in eyecare. Our Hastings manufacturing site is seeking to hire a Quality Systems engineer with a background in process improvement activity.
In this role you will report to the Quality Manager however you will be integral contributor to both our QA and manufacturing teams.
- Working within the QA team you will ensure compliance to internal and external quality requirements as dictated by the organisation and governing bodies.
- On a day to day basis you will have responsibility for the adherence and implementation of major procedures within the manufacturing plants quality processes.
- You will seek to and be responsible for the identification and implementation of opportunities for process improvement and look to challenge existing procedures.
- You will assist and deliver training and development to team members as required
- You will provide cover for the Quality Manager.
- On occasions of high orders or peak work flow you may for short periods need to assist on the manufacturing line.
- You will be instrumental in driving quality culture into the organisation and have a growth mindset always seeking to improve.
- The ideal candidate will have started or be looking to start Six Sigma qualifications.
- You will have a previous experience of Quality Systems.
- You will have a proven track record of using the appropriate tools to deliver Process Improvement.
- You thrive on achieving targets.
- You can manage expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- You enjoy delivering to tight deadlines in a results orientated organisation.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication.
- You are highly computer literate.
- It would be advantageous if you have worked in a regulated industry.
In this role for Bausch + Lomb you will benefit from a good package that will include:
- Medical insurance
- Pension Matched by us up to 10% (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Production bonus (conditions apply)
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 more pro rated if you start part way through the year
- Free product scheme for you and a family member (includes contact lenses and eye supplements)
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental and Travel Insurance (voluntary benefit)
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on “people, attitude and results”, we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a “get up and go” attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a “small company” mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the Bausch + Lomb site to complete your application.