A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Bausch and Lomb in our Finance team. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated and organised individual with an interest in statutory reporting, tax and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance this is the ideal role for you.
This Senior Accountant role is a key role within the Finance team. We are looking for individuals who are fully qualified (ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent) and have significant post qualification experience in a senior accounting role. The Finance team work across all areas of finance and so this position offers the benefit of broad exposure including statutory reporting, tax, financial accounting and commercial finance, within a close knit and social team.
Individual development is provided with this position.
- Timely reporting of complete and accurate financial results in according with US GAAP
- Timely submission of all supporting schedules and analysis for monthly accounting reviews
- Accurate preparation of statutory accounts and year-end tax packs ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations
- Actively promote and monitor compliance to corporate policies, regional policies and SOX
- Ensure internal control compliance by preparing process documentation and retention of evidence of controls
- Direct supervision of a junior trainee accountant with responsibility for training and development
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP reporting requirements and all areas of UK tax including corporation tax, VAT as well as knowledge of PAYE, PSA and P11D calculations
- Manage divestment and integration of various subsidiaries in our UK corporate structure
- Complete regular reviews of balance sheet regulations to ensure compliance with internal policy and best practices
- Lead our internal and external financial audit activities
- Oversee the reporting of payroll from our outsource partner including RSU treatment
- You are involved in the preparation of month end close
- You prepare and post journals (accruals, prepayment, inter-company etc.)
- You prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for the reporting of payroll from our outsource partner (ADP)
- Responsible for the submissions to the Office of National Statistics
- Responsible for the submissions of quarterly VAT returns
- Any other ad-hoc tasks and special project work as requested from time to time
- You are fully qualified with ICAEW/ACCA or equivalent with a degree
- You have significant experience in a senior accounting role
- You are highly proficiency in Excel
- You have broad experience with accounting packages or ERP systems (PeopleSoft, SAP, HFM etc)
- You have good knowledge of US GAAP
- You have good knowledge and exposure to SOX and internal controls
- You have an excellent UK Tax experience and knowledge
- You have experience garnered from a medium to large company
- You are very organised and able to plan work efficiently meet deadlines
- You are highly motivated and able to work without close supervision
- You are proactive and seek to identify potential issues and develop solutions
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to influence at all levels
- You have good teamwork skills and are flexible, cooperating well with others to get the job done, respecting individual differences and responding positively and quickly to changing circumstances and priorities
In this role for Bausch + Lomb you will benefit from a good package that will include:
- Medical insurance
- Pension Matched by us up to 10% (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Elligible to join the bonus plan
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 more
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided
- Free product scheme for you and a family member (includes contact lenses and eye supplements)
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental and Travel Insurance (voluntary benefit)
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on “people, attitude and results”, we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a “get up and go” attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a “small company” mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.