National Sales Manager
Join a successful and rapidly evolving EyeCare company as a National Sales Manager specialised in Vision Care products and business growth strategies for the Independent sector. Join us to lead this results driven UK/I team towards success through strong leadership, strategic business planning and coaching and development during the next phase of a new product launch.
You will be responsible for the National Sales team within the Independents and Regional channel with 6 direct reports, you will be reporting to the Business Unit Head. As well as the people responsibility you will also directly manage some National accounts to grow the business. Working in collaboration with departments all across the company you will deliver significant sales growth across the UK for our Vision Care business both directly and through the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales team (6 direct reports) toward achievement of national sales objectives and margin contributions.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales team.
- Provide supervision through co-travels, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Be the expert on the Independents and Regionals channel and proactively identify changes in the Industry, delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts as appropriate. Drive and collate local business plans from the Territory Business Managers and Regional Account Manager on a quarterly basis and ensure regular forecast adjustments are fed into the demand planning process.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts. Ensure reporting of weekly numbers to the Business Unit Head and to the team in order to effectively track the team’s performance.
- Partner with the BU Head and Key Account team in the development of key customer relationship management and business led strategies. Partner with Key Accounts to leverage opportunities across the whole business.
- Negotiate business deals and contracts as required working closely with the Commercial Analyst and Finance to ensure approval on pricing and margins.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Professional Services, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing and sales management team to input into the annual strategy and implementation of the plan throughout the sales team.
- Maintain competitive knowledge and anticipate competitor activity in order to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Proven Healthcare sales experience
- Significant experience managing a direct sales force
- Significant experience in sales and directly managing customers
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sciences desirable or similar experience gained on the job
- You have recognised sales training either from healthcare, FMCG, or other marketplaces and are able to leverage these when training, developing and coaching team members
- Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans both with the team and directly with customers.
- Proven commercial acumen, analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively develop business and manage P&L to meet objectives.
- Proven ability to create and deliver insightful annual business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Solid understanding of healthcare and regulatory requirements and issues.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to network and build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to travel as required, estimated to be 60% or more.
In this role for Bausch + Lomb you will benefit from a good package that will include:
Pension Matched by us up to 10% (conditions apply)
25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 more
Free product scheme for you and a family member (includes contact lenses and eye supplements)
Dental and Travel Insurance (voluntary benefit)
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on “people, attitude and results”, we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a “get up and go” attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a “small company” mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the to complete your application.