Product Manager OTC
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in eyecare and to be part of dynamic and evolving business. Join this result driven team as product manager for our OTC/ Aesthetics division with a focus on marketing to help realise your career potential. You will be manage the entire marketing mix of the OTC and Aesthetics brands and be responsible for increasing growth and profitability in the OTC business through strategic development and implementation of defined tactical and promotional plans.
- Contribute to the development of the annual UK/Ireland Sales + Marketing plan.
- Manage the implementation of activities within the plan providing clear direction to sales teams on existing and new product launch strategies.
- Support the commercialisation of new products (Business development or New Product Development) and contribute to launch plans designed to ensure sales rep engagement, customer advocacy and rapid sales uptake.
- Work with the Business Unit Head Pharma and professional relations team to ensure a robust training plan for maximising growth potential of new and existing products.
- Active role in supporting the key account manager and sales reps during early product trials in order to gather insight, share best practice and drive accelerated growth of new products.
- Set up relevant pricing, channel strategies and promotional tactics for new and existing products that will result in maximised profit margin and market share gain.
- Implement and drive a digital strategy to support internal e-commerce platforms
- Support the implementation of new product launch activities with an integrated promotional plan designed to maximise sales growth for the portfolio.
- Maintain brand identity and ensures consistency of message driving tactical programmes that address internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Represent the Bausch + Lomb brand and apply creative skills in developing promotional materials with external agencies and internal stakeholders and then successfully deliver to the sales team.
- Constantly look for improvements and feedback in materials development and adoption by the sales team in order to ensure excellence in communications to surgeons.
- Ensure a coordinated approach to all events and educational programmes in conjunction with the Events Coordinator, Sales and Marketing Team.
Market and Customer
- Demonstrate a strong level of technical and clinical understanding of the product portfolio.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of market environments and competitors in order to adjust tactical plans and be responsive to competitor activity.
- Monitor customer complaints in conjunction with Business Unit Head Pharma ensuring appropriate and timely communication back to the customer.
- Ensure close monitoring of supply and demand to meet customer expectations.
- You will assist in identifying and profiling customers for Key Opinion Leader development and advocacy.
- Demonstrate strong capability in influencing Eye Care Professionals and other customer groups to help achieve the annual business plan.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of digital marketing and implement tactical plan.
Managing Sales and Plans
- Monitor all purchase order requisitions ensuring timely approval in line with budgetary spend for Vision Care.
- Liaise regularly with Valeant logistics centre supply chain (VALC) to accurately reflect and monitor UK forecasting.
- Monitor and report regularly on backorders managing fair share stock situations when needed.
- Ensure UK demand Forecasts are regularly updated to provide convenient product supply and allow inventory planners to be aligned with the portfolio strategy.
- Manage the OTC advertising and promotion ensuring clear budgetary allocation, regular tracking and staying within budget.
Manage artwork approvals liaising with Regulatory team for artwork and new product approvals.
- You have a Marketing or business degree as a preferred
- You have experience of operating within a multi-national healthcare company
- You have experience of product marketing; this will ideally be in Consumer Healthcare and/or Medical Devices.
- You can demonstrated a capability in business case development
- You have experience of Digital Marketing
- You strong analytical skills
- You are an agile problem solver
- You thrive on achieving targets
- You are able to build strong brand plans
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are able to persuade and influence people
- You are customer focused
- You are able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and commercial acumen
- You embrace change
- You are able to operate with ambiguity and demonstrate a strong ability to multitask
- You are able to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders
- You enjoy delivering to tight deadlines in a results orientated organisation
In this role for Bausch + Lomb you will benefit from a good package that will include:
Pension Matched by us up to 10% (conditions apply)
25 days holiday with the ability to buy 5 more
Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided
Free product scheme for you and a family member (includes contact lenses and eye supplements)
Dental and Travel Insurance (voluntary benefit)
Bausch + Lomb, established in 1853, has been at the forefront of many of the visionary innovations in eye health from optical lenses to contact lenses, from eye drugs to surgery. As a successfully performing healthcare company we relentlessly pursue our mission to help patients across the world to see better, in order to live better.
With a performance culture based on “people, attitude and results”, we have passion for winning and entrepreneurial spirit that will suit any individual with a “get up and go” attitude, strong work ethic and appetite to make real, tangible impact in a constantly evolving environment.
The UK organisation employs today around 150 staff, fostering a “small company” mindset with the comfort of a large financial backer from the wider Valeant group. We take pride in a team that is wholly dedicated to working in strong collaboration with each other and sharing knowledge and skills readily in order to further the unified company success.
If you want to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please click Apply Now. You will then be re-directed to the to complete your application.